Monday, November 1, 2010

First Stack:

Lets recall the stack list requirements from my first blog post:

The Stack List (preferably books that I have not read)

  1. One book from my favourite author(s)
  2. One book from my genre of writing or my favourite genre.
  3. One book in a genre that I don't normally read
  4. One biography
  5. One book regarding the process of writing (including grammar etc)
  6. One required school reading (I have to put this in because otherwise I will become sidetracked)
  7. One book of non-fiction
  8. One graphic novel 
Given these requirements, this is what I have come up with for my FIRST stack ever! (not that I haven't had stacks before, but this is the first of the project).

1. Persuasion by Jane Austen
2. Dune by Frank Herbert
3. The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
4. Eyes Wide Open - A Memoir of Stanley Kubrick by Frederic Raphael
5. The Making of a Story - A Norton Guide to Creative Writing by Alice LaPlante
6. Small Island by Andrea Levy
7. A Briefer History of Time by Stephen Hawking
8. Zombies by Don Roff and Chris Lane

Feel free to comment on any of these books or suggest readings for stack number 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment